Sunday, October 24, 2010

ERM article

A good friend of mine from undergraduate (who now works in student development at a community college in Tacoma, WA) carefully follows library news. I've tried to convince him to apply for library school, and I feel like I'm getting closer. He occasionally sends me articles about libraries, and this is the most recent from the "Chronicle of Higher Education." This article, titled "Library Inc" nicely sums up the pricing issues and commercial interests of vendors for someone who may not know much about it. The author of the article seems to give a hopeless prediction for the future of libraries (which I don't agree with), but nevertheless a good find. The comments that follow the article are perhaps the most amusing and point out the controversy that exists among librarians when it comes to ERM.

No comments:

Post a Comment